Curtain Cleaning Edinburgh
Choose and selecting the right curtains for the windows in your home can be a time consuming chore. You make sure to match them with your sofa and wall colours and looking around the shops for days, to get the perfect material for your curtains. It’s a costly task in terms of time and money to replace them, so regular cleaning, which not only perks up your home décor, and keeps the curtains in good shape, but also allows you to put your money to better use. It is not a very tough task and can be done easily, by following our steps given below.
Tips for Cleaning Curtains
• Check the fabric of the curtains. A basic rule of thumb is the heavier the curtain fabric the longer and more thoroughly you should vacuum them. This will remove as much of the dry soiling as possible. Before going for any cleaning method, look at the attached tag for information on the cleaning process that will suit your curtains.
• If your drapes are made of a linen or cotton fabric, you can clean them on a weekly basis. Just put them in a washing machine and run the gentle cycle. For drying them, hang them out, in the sun. In case the curtains are colourful, you need to put them in the shade. And make sure to take them in as soon as they get dried.
• Use a soft brush to wipe your curtain on a weekly basis. Start at the top of the curtain and work your way towards the base. This is because, if you start from the base, the dust from the upper part will fall on it and make the curtain dirty again. Make sure to vacuum both sides of the curtains and the carpet/floor once you have finished brushing.
• Do the “sniffing” test on your curtains. Sniff your curtains to see whether they smell fresh or stale. Some people spray their curtains with air freshener. You can do so too; but make sure you don’t use a harsh product, as it might weaken or even discolour the fabric.
• While cleaning the curtains, don’t forget to wash the curtain rings as well. If they have become rusty and dirty, boil them in water, along with vinegar. It will remove the rust and restore the shine. Curtain rods also need to be cleaned on a regular basis.
• If your curtains are made of a sensitive fabric, don’t put them in places where they catch direct sun. If you cannot avoid it, put a liner behind them, to protect them from sun as sun damage is irreversible. You can even put blinds on such windows.
• If your curtains are made up of a very costly fabric, then it is better to have them dry-cleaned from a professional. Washing them at home might do more harm than good.
If all that sounds like hard work, you can hire a professional curtain cleaning Edinburgh company like DirtMaster for all your curtain cleaning needs in Edinburgh. Call today for your free quotation on 0131 556 3367.